Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Big Dobs can't possibly lose 2 weeks in a row

So not the best start to the year at 3-4 though if Michigan St doesn't take a knee on the 4 and Georgia doesn't drop a touchdown pass that would have made it 31-6 before halftime I could have easily been 5-2. Really, the only game I shouldn't have taken was Auburn. I remain pretty surprised that of all the heavy favorites only West Virginia decided to run up the score, I can't imagine that holds true this week but we'll see.

1) UNC -10 @Wake

Now I usually hate the ACC, and I can't say I know a lot about Wake, but I think UNC is going to be one of the more underrated teams of the year. The talent pool if definitely there, certainly 2 touchdowns better than Wake, and in beating Elon 62-0 they showed they aren't afraid to try for an entire game. When it comes down to it, 10 points isn't a lot in college football. I don't see UNC scoring less than 28 and I can't see Wake scoring more than 17. UNC 34 Wake 13, confidence 3 out of 5 chest waxings.

2) Nebraska -5 @ UCLA

UCLA looked a lot better than they are and the Huskers handled a pretty good Southern Miss team. UCLA also gave up a ton on the ground and now have to face one of the better rushing attacks in the nation. I know it's on the road but it's UCLA, this isn't exactly playing in Death Valley. I don't think UCLA is all that much better than Southern Miss, if at all, and I don't see them stopping the balanced attack of Nebraska. Huskers 37 UCLA 23, confidence 4 out of 5 sweater vests.

3) San Diego State -6 vs Army

I bet against San Diego State last week, and although down 14-0 after one Q they fought back to play solid defense and cover on the road against a Washington team with a very good offense. Army is a tough one to prepare for, and I lost this game last year picking Army at home, which was dumb, but given how SDST played against Washington, the fact that it's their home opener and the fact that Army sucks I just don't see how they don't win by more than a touchdown. I can't see Army winning this game. Aztecs 31 Army 20, confidence 4 out of 5 Xtra large Big Green Eggs.

4) Georgia -2.5 @ Missouri

Welcome to the SEC. Bulldogs 41 Tigers 30, confidence 5 out of 5 rhino horns.

5) Iowa -5 vs Iowa State

OK, I'm going all favorites, which is Big Dobs style, but a few things working here. First, Iowa barely beat a very good NIU team last week, at home. Second Iowa state is coming in cocky after beating Tulsa by 15 and having upset Iowa last year. I think NIU will end up being one of the better defenses that Iowa faces all year and if the Pinstripe bowl last year is any indication Iowa St can't stop the run. I expect the Hawkeyes to control the clock and look for a statement game after last week's close call. At the end of the day I think Iowa wants this game more. Iowa 24 Iowa St 13, confidence 4 out of 5 Leffe blondes.

No comments:

Post a Comment