Saturday, October 29, 2011

Analyzing the Data

Now that we are through week 8 of Big Dobs second season offering his wisdom to the masses I thought it appropriate to break down some of the data to see where Big D flourishes, and where he could use some work. Big D's performance in:

Big East games - 14-4-1 74%...The Big Dobs dominates the Big East, no surprise. Of Big D's 4 losses only one was a Big East conference game, 2 of the losses involved non BCS league teams.

SEC games - 9-1 90%...Big Dobs knows SEC football. Frankly, I'm surprised the sample size wasn't larger but SEC games are easy, pick the best team or two in the country every week, Auburn in 2012, LSU and Bama in 2011.

ACC games - 6-2 75%, I'm surprised this isn't lower. I feel like I always lose ACC games. One thing to note, most of these wins are non-conference games, ex. WVY vs MD, UNC vs Rutgers, Stanford vs Duke, and it's betting against the ACC.

PAC 12 games - 6-1 86%, This sample needs to be bigger. I always feel like I have good picks in the Pac 12 but always shy away form actually picking the games. I pretty much just pick Stanford every week and that seems to work well.

Big 12 - 3-2 50%, Not a lot to go by here and my wins involved one, or both, of Oklahoma State and Texas A&M. I should stay away form picks here unless they involve those teams in 2011.

Big 10 games - 4-8 33%, finally a league where Big Dobs sucks, and no surprise it's a conference full of losers. I lose in conference and I lose out of conference, I hate the Big 10.

Non-BCS games - 5-8 39%, this is barely better than the Big 10. Big Dobs seems to lose every time he bets on an academy, I think picking Army over Kent State in 2010 got Big D cocky, now he just gets crushed. Other teams that I consistently lose with/against, SMU, TCU and UCF. Notice all three schools are complete jokes and two are in Dallas, which is the same city as Houston but with an attitude problem. Once I told this fat nerd that my wife was from Houston (after him telling me he was from Texas) he scoffed at Big Dobs as if I told him my wife was from the Sudan, where did fat nerd grow up...Plano. Um...ok, so your fat, you play computer games, your short and you're from Plano.

Big Dobs tweeted (@Jackburton82) his picks out earlier and will provide write-ups on the logic later, but they are

Arkansas -9 @ Vandy
Texas A&M -10.5 vs Missouri
Wisconsin -7.5 vs Ohio State
Stanford =7.5 @ USC
South Carolina -3.5 @ Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment